Birding in Charleston

April 29, 2015

A couple of weekends again, I went to the city of Charleston, South Carolina as part of an entourage of bridesmaids for a bachelorette retreat on Folly Beach. Aside from amazing fried oysters at the Folly Beach Crab Shack, trying She Crab soup for the first time, visting the Firefly Vodka distillery, and touring America's only tea farm... (that's alot!)... I spend a small amount of time seeing what birds I could see during migration. In a 3 hours time period one day... I logged 28 species, including six new lifers!  I didn't get photos of all my new lifers... but oh well... here are some photos from the weekend!

Best lifer of the weekend? A male Painted Bunting.

Lifer #2... a Semipalmated Plover.

Royal Terns enjoying the beach breeze.

A male Blue-Grey Gnatcatcher.

Brown Pelican in flight.

Laughing Gulls... adult... and immature...

A Fish Crow.

Cattle Egret.

Way out at sea and rather hard to identify... I spotted what I think is a large flock of Ruddy Ducks on migration.

Also spotted some Willets.

A bird... a plane... no, it's a Cottontail!

© 2015 J.Bishop Studios. All rights reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment