Mitchell Lake Audubon Center

January 13, 2015

On the first weekend of 2015, my boyfriend and I made a trip to south San Antonio to the Mitchell Lake Audubon Center to see what birds we could find in the new year. Neither of us had been before, but I had learned about it from eBird. We spotted 40 species that day... including 9 lifers for me! Some of what we saw...

A well posed Verdin

A flighty Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher

Crested Caracara

Great Egret

Lesser Yellowlegs

Adult and juvenile Black-Crowned Night-Herons

A silly looking Snowy Egret...
 
Northern Shoveler

 Ladder-Backed Woodpecker

Spotted Sandpiper

This Mockingbird was awesome... letting us get really super close. 
 
They always want to meet my boyfriend...

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

And a huuuge lineup of American White Pelicans!




... and believe it or not, I have many more photos... but I will stop here! ;)

Year of the bird!
© 2015 J.Bishop Studios. All rights reserved.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment