Birding in Central Park, NYC

January 4, 2015

Last month, I had the chance to visit my old stomping grounds in New York City. Of course, I had to squeeze some birding in... especially since Central Park is only a couple of blocks away from our place in the city. :)

Even before getting into the park itself, a male Northern Cardinal was there to greet us.

Followed closely behind by a male House Sparrow...

... and House Finch.

Then a really neat surprise... a Red-Tailed Hawk.

Down in the pond were the usual Mallard ducks.

Up nearby Sheeps Meadow, there was a big flock of Blue Jays hunting around for food.


Then there was this really cool and cute little guy... a Hermit Thrush! He didn't at all mind that I was taking photos... and just strutted all around me. He was less than three feet away the whole time!


On the last leg of the trail out, I spotted five Common Grackles.

As a last bid farewell, these sleepy Rock Pigeons / Doves.

© 2015 J.Bishop Studios. All rights reserved.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment