Best Birds Thursday #19

June 19, 2014

Welcome to Best Birds Thursday #19! Lot's of good birds this week... plus a couple of lifer's.  

This is kind of fun. I've definitely seen Blue Jays (Cyanocitta cristata) before... many times, however... I've never seen one at my house! We turned the sprinklers on to water the grass on our first 100°+ day, and all of a sudden... a mini flock of 5 or 6 Blue Jays showed up! It's the first time to see anything with blue feathers at the house actually. Very fun. 



This Blue Jay's markings looked a bit different... more of a full hooded look.

 I think he was upset I caught him playing in the mud, ha! 

I know I have seen a Pekin Duck (Anas platyrhynchos domestica) before, but not since actively checking off my lifer list of birds! Seen in Blanco, Texas.


Ruby Throated Hummingbird in Fredericksburg, Texas this past weekend.




Back in New Braunfels, a juvenile Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos).

Also a juvenile Golden-Fronted Woodpecker (Melanerpes aurifrons) looking like an awkward teenager.

A Killdeer (Charadrius vociferus). 
 
Feel free to join in on Twitter with the hashtag #BestBirdsThursday.
© 2014 J.Bishop Studios. All rights reserved.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment