Best Birds Thursday #17

June 5, 2014

Welcome to Best Birds Thursday #17! Feel free to join in on Twitter with the hashtag #BestBirdsThursday. With my work load picking up, it has been increasingly difficult to go out and photograph and/or bird watch, but I sneak it in whenever I can! This week, a new lifer!

Mississippi Kite (Ictinia mississippiensis) in Bay City, Texas. Look at that red eye!

Back in New Braunfels... a very vocal Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus).

Juvenile Black-Crested Titmouse (Baeolophus atricristatus) on the feeder. 

A Lark Sparrow (Chondestes grammacus).


Everyone says the Yellow-Billed Cuckoo (Coccyzus americanus) is "elusive"... but you know what? The one in my yard doesn't mind me one bit! 




As for the Hummingbirds... I thiiink what I have in my yard are the Black-Chinned Hummingbirds... and I will be able to tell soon for sure... the males colors are just coming in! It might been a Ruby-Throated... we'll see!



© 2014 J.Bishop Studios. All rights reserved.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment