Best Birds Thursday #9

April 10, 2014

I am happy to report that the Cedar Waxwings (Bombycilla cedrorum) are still in the New Braunfels, Texas area... although they have been gathering in huge, huge flocks. On my way driving up to the mail box earlier this week to ship out orders for Architette Studios, I just had to stop and watch as they gathered above my head in a flock of 200-300 strong! It was amazing.




An ever present and watchful White Wing Dove (Zenaida asiatica)... 

And this is a horrible terrible blurry photo... not even deserving to be on the Best Birds Thursday... but it IS my very first photo of a Hummingbird ever... so there has to be some sort of recognition here. I believe it is a Ruby-Throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris)... but I am not sure... they are here all year 'round though, so I will hopefully have better photographic opportunities again. Hummingbirds clearly test the upper-most capabilities of my camera... so we'll see! Much harder to photograph than I thought...

... and this Black Vulture (Coragyps atratus) photo-bombed a photo I was taking of the daytime moon...

© 2014 J.Bishop Studios. All rights reserved. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment