Best Birds Thursday #10

April 17, 2014

From my dining room, I heard a sound outside... sort of like a squeaky swing-set... it sounded sort of tropical so I thought I'd go see what it was.  Aw man, had a couple of Common Grackles (Quiscalus quiscula) show up at the house... first time ever! Not a fan.


I took the bird feeders down.

I'll put them back in a couple of weeks... it's a strange time of year here in Texas anyways... we had a freeze-warning this week in fact... so odd...

 We had a Summer Tanager (Piranga rubra) visitor!


Female Cardinal...

Mockingbird during lunchtime. 



© 2014 J.Bishop Studios. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. So cool that you get a visit from all types of birds. But I'm sure if I looked out for them more often I'd see a few different ones too :) I know I do more now than I did before I met you! :) I like the mockingbird fellow the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would too! So many cool birds on your side of the States! :)

      The Mockingbird is cool... he is here all year round too! I need to draw him.... ;)

      Delete