Best Birds Thursday #7

March 27, 2014

I was excited to  see my first Spring Migrant this week! Also known as the "Texas bird-of-paradise", the Scissor-Tailed Flycatcher (Tyrannus forficatus) returned from Central America.



We have also had a few Barn Swallows (Hirundo rustica) return to the house to see about nesting on the front porch again. In fact, there are about two or three flying by my studio window now as I type this...


 A Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) who paused long enough for me to really get some closeups... 





Stalking the Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) while he hunted for bugs... paparazzi style...


 

 In a parking garage in San Antonio... a rather cold and lonely looking Rock Dove/Pigeon (Columba livia) tucked up in the beamwork. 


The brood/nest parasitic Brown-Headed Cowbirds (Molothrus ater)... male and female.



© 2014 J.Bishop Studios. All rights reserved.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment